3.18.2009

Options

So Ben and I have been talking a lot recently about what we really want the wedding to be (well, I've been talking...Ben's mostly been listening and agreeing to whatever my favorite option is at the time). Do we want to go traditional? Do we want do a destination thing? Scrap it all at go to the JP? It all seems to hinge on how much money we want to spend on this and how soon we want to get married. Which really just raises more questions. Do we want to spend a lot of money on a wedding or spend it on a great vacation? Or a house? How important is it that our families witness the joyous event? Given that our families are scattered all over, this is a pretty important consideration.

We seem to have established that it is important to us that our families be there. So that rules out the JP thing. And probably the destination thing. So. That leaves us with putting together a somewhat traditional wedding. If we can come up with something that only costs, say, 5k or less, then it may be possible to get married by the end of the year.

My current favorite option is Green Pastures. They have peacocks! And good food! And they're cheap! We can have the ceremony and reception there! Its almost too good to be true. Next step will be to check availability which probably means that they'll be booked through 2010 and we'll be back at square one. Don't you love my sunny disposition?

In other news...I am so excited that Lost is back this week! Tomorrow I may attempt my first TV Recap and Lost analysis. Or I may not. Kinda depends on how mind blowing this episode is and how lazy I feel. In the meantime, here's this to tide you over. You're welcome.


3 comments:

  1. Um, yum. I mean, good luck with the planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom had her reception at Green Pastures a few years ago and they were great. Everyone employed there was fantastic.

    I almost hit one of their peacocks on the way home Monday. They wander out onto Live Oak periodically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete